Sunday, April 8, 2012

Vintage Cup Hanger = New Jewellry Stand

Okay, so I'm getting really annoyed with myself!  I forget to take 'before' pictures of my projects way, WAY to often as is the case with this project yet again.  Anyway, I found this fantastic vintage cup holder recently and, it's in great shape.  Best of all, it was made right here in Canada.  Gotta love that!

The original colour was honey gold, as in wood.   I'm not a huge lover of wood, you know, because it's gold or brown, ugghh!!!  So I used about 3 different shades of blue green to achieve some depth of colour on this, and then gave it a healthy amount of distressing so just a little of the wood tone would show through.

This is going to make a great display for my floral cones at the June 2012 Vintage Chicks show in Priddis.

OR, just look how pretty it would be dressed up some bangles.....

I love this piece....of course it will also be for sale at the show.



Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment