Sunday, April 8, 2012

Chunky Candle Holder Makeover

Chunky Candle Holder Makeover

I found these great chunky candle holders recently.  As usual, I got so excited to get started working on them that I forgot to take a 'before' photo.  But, they were completely black and quite dated looking.  If you know me at all, then you know I love colour; so I knew I would make them prettier with colour.  Here they are in their new look.

This look was achieved with 5 different shades of blue green, a very light dry brushing with Annie Sloans white chalk paint, some distressing (but of course) and a coat of satin varathane.  I'm in love with these, they look fantastic on my coffee table so it's going to be hard to part with them, but.....they are off to the June 2012 Vintage Chicks Show in Priddis, AB

BUT, maybe you could help me with something, I had an idea......and could really use some feedback.  What if I made them into pedestaled vases (also good for pens, paintbrushes or candles) using vintage creamers?  What do you think?  Kind of pretty eh?


OR.....what about plate stands (vintage plates of course)?


So what do you think, candle holders, pedastaled vases or plate stands?



No comments:

Post a Comment