Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Demi-lune Table Frenchy Update





I love these type of tables so even tho this one was an ugly beast when I found it,  I knew it could be so much prettier.

If you haven't guessed (and I hope you have), this is of course, the after picture.  
The base was painted Behr's Porpoise grey, then dry brushed with a pretty french blue, and given some  touches of gold leaf paint.  The top is Behr's Polar Bear white.  A vintage french perfume label, compliments of a pinterest user, was decoupaged on to the top.  Isn't she a beaut?
Incidentally the door behind her is mid process in a makeover of it's own.  Watch for that story to come!


here is the before picture

 I had already started priming the bottom and pulled the drawer out when I realized I'd forgotten to take the picture.  The base was black with gold leaf paint.  Very dated and oh so ugly!!!

As is often the case, I will have a hard time parting with this when the time comes.  But she is destined for a summer sales event I think.

Of course as I like to do, here is the vintage perfume graphic if you are interested.  Thank you pinterest user for uploading it.


Linky parties I've posted to:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at
Photobucket/

Feathered Nest Friday at

Shabbilicious Friday at


What we Accomplished Wednesday at







Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed





Caio!

10 comments:

  1. Darling! I love the color and the gold accents. I'm visiting frmo Shabbilicious. I'd love it if you would link this up to my new linky party, "What We Accomplished Wednesday." It is live right now. Have a happy Valentines Day!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the invite to your Wednesday link party Deborah. I took you up on it. But just an FYI that I copied and pasted your button but the link didn't want to work for me. hugs

      Delete
    2. Thank you Deborah for letting me know. I checked it out on my blog and some others who have my button and it seems to be working. I'm not sure what went wrong. A text link is fine too though.

      I totally missed it when I visited that we have the same name...Deborah Smith! Not that it's rare. I have two sister-in-laws by the same name. Three of my hubby's seven brothers married Debbie's!

      Hugs from one D.S to another :)

      Delete
    3. Hey Deborah, thank you so much for featuring my table. My very first feature, so I'm pretty excited about that. I was able to get the 'I was featured' button to work, but still can't get the 'what we accomplished' button to work. It could just be me...self taught blogger and all.
      Isn't that funny about the names, we should have a Deborah/Debbie Smith support group or something.
      hugs
      Deborah

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous - just loving the gold accents!!!
    Your newest follower ( would love a follow back whenever you have the time )
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for being a follower and I'll absolutely follow you back. You've got some FANTASTIC before and afters, very impressive!!!
      Hugs back
      Deb

      Delete
  3. So happy I stopped in...love this little table!
    I also love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, love your blog, became your newest follower.
      Deb

      Delete
  4. So lovely, fresh, and dainty! This look makes me swoon. Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven to say hi.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete